Yep, today we get Two fun things to celebrate. Pour yourself a margarita and take your four-legged buddy on an extra nice walk.
My old buddy, Snoopy, would have agreed! Currently, I am not a pet-Guardian on my own.
Before I take on the responsibility again, I need to do some learning and figure out how to do things better. Meanwhile, I get to share the home with Cooper, a gentle follow who is a great delight.
Meanwhile, until I’m ready to take on the responsibility, here are Dog-related Books I Want to Read:
(Yes, I understand that some of the training methods in this book have received critique. Things DO change. I still want to look at the history of dog training methods.)
- How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend: a Training Manual for Dog Owners by The Monks of New Skete
- How to Speak Dog: Mastering the Art of Dog-Human Communication by Stanley Coren
- Bones Would Rain from the Sky by Susanne Clothier
- Teamwork-A Dog Training Manual for People with Disabilities by Stewart Nordensson
- Teamwork II-A Dog Training Manual for People with Disabilities by Stewart Nordensson
Happy “Clergy Appreciation Month”